I work as Senior Automation Test Engineer at iJet Technologies. My role involves writing test automation using Python for pytest. These tests are run as part of smoke testing during development and regression testing during continuous integration (CI). I also write performance, scalability, feature, and security tests. I'm also the lead for QA team.
My development tools include Python, pytest, Docker, JSON, git, PyCharm, bash, MongoDB, OrientDB, Vagrant, Chef, Jenkins, GitHub, JIRA, ESX, AWS, and MacPorts. Operating systems in use daily are macOS for my development box, and Ubuntu and CentOS for our product.
I have worked in a variety of roles, namely Software Engineer III, Software QA Engineer II, Systems Analyst, and Data Migration Developer. Organizations with which I worked include F5, EMC, VoIP Tel, and Saber Corp.
I have picked up numerous skills in the last decade. Some of them I use to this day and others have been dormant in recent times.
- Team lead for QA team.
- Team lead for Hyper-V test engineers, including planning, delegation, and capital.
- Led a team of two engineers in VoIP NOC.
Testing and Automation
- Extensive experience in test automation and manual testing.
- Conducted functional, negative, blackbox, integration, sanity, regression, and longevity/soak testing.
- Tools for Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) used include JIRA, Bugzilla, ApTest, Quality Center, Confluence, Twiki.
- Extensively used and tested Hyper-V: 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2; SCVMM 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2. Installed, configured, and maintained standalone and cluster (CSV, SMB) configurations.
- Installed, configured, and maintained standalone VMware: ESXi 5.1, 5.0, 4.0; vCenter Server 5.1, 5.0
Scalability and Performance
- Ran performance testing on 8-node Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 CSV cluster.
- Conducted pre-production performance and scalability reviews of new releases of Cirrus Softswitch for VoIP.
- Worked in depth with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, PostgreSQL 9.2, MySQL 5, and Oracle 9.
- Installed and maintained DB servers.
- Wrote tons of SQL queries and stored procedures, large and small.
Networks and Security
- Worked with IPv4, IPv6, and dual stack configurations.
- Comfortable with IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, and subnets.
- Worked with ICAP and Diameter protocols.
- Installed, configured, and managed pfSense firewall.
- Configured Cisco and Brocade Ethernet switches, including VLANs and port mirroring.
Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Extensive working experience with SIP and RTP.
- Planned, installed, maintained, and troubleshot SIP-based telephony network.
- Also worked with Wireshark, SIPp, Kamailio, Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, pjsua.
- Proficient in various versions of Linux and Windows.
- Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, openSUSE, Debian, Fedora
- Windows Server: 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2003
- Windows Client: 8.1, 8, 7, XP
- Mac OS X user since 2006
Fluent in written and verbal communication in English and Urdu.